Last Updated on 21/10/2020 by Info idea
The Capital City of India, Delhi, is a food lover’s paradise. From street food to international cuisines, Delhi has a plethora of options to choose from!
So, if you are planning a trip to Delhi and want to explore some of its famous street food places, you should definitely check out this list. So, without further ado, let’s start! Shall we?
1. Chandni Chowk : Old Delhi
Old Delhi is a very popular place for trying out authentic North Indian dishes. Some of the places which are worth visiting here are:
- Natraj Dahi Bhalla– This place is located near the Chandni Chowk Metro Station and is famous for its ‘Dahi Bhalla’ and ‘Aloo Tikki.’
- Khemchand Adesh Kumar’s Daulat ki Chaat– ‘Daulat ki Chaat’ is a famous drool worthy sweet dish made up of churned milk. It is located in Kinari Bazar, Chandni Chowk, near Naughara Jain Temple.
- Old Famous Jalebi Wala– Located at the Dariba Kalan Road, near Chandni Chowk, this place is famous for its delicious ‘Jalebis’. Jalebis, deep fried in home-made desi ghee and dipped in sugar syrup tastes heavenly.
- Lotan Chole Wala– This is one of the famous street foods of Old delhi. Here, the cholas are served with potatoes in a red hot curry. You will find him near Barsha Bullah Chowk.
- Bishan Swaroop Chaat Corner– It can be found in the corner of the old heritage building near Natraj Dahi Bhalla, and is famous for their out of the world Aloo-Kachaloo chaat and fruit chaats.
- Hazari Lal Jain Khurchan Wale– If you are visiting Delhi, you just cannot miss out on this popular sweet dish, that is quintessential North India’s delight. ‘Khurchan’ is a sweet dish made out of the scrapes leftover after boiling the milk. The shop is located near Kinari Bazar in Chandni Chowk.
2. Gali Paranthe Wali
Also situated in Old Delhi, Paranthe Wali Gali in Delhi is famous for its paranthas of various flavors and styles. Some of the popular spots of Paranthe Wali Gali are:
- Kannaiylal Durga Parshad Dixit Parawthe wala- Here, you will be served a thali consisting of petha, aloo in a gravy and a spicy sweet banana chutney along with a variety of paranthas to choose from.
- Babu Ram Paranthe wale– In this decades old famous food joint, paranthas are served along with aloo-matar sabzi and pethe ki sabzi. Some of the must try paranthas include, papad parantha, meva parantha and dal aloo parantha.
- Gaya Prasad Shiv Charan Paranthewala– This place serves mouthwatering paranthas along with sabzi and raita. All the dishes here are cooked without onion and garlic.
- Jung Bahadur Kachori Wala– This shop is famous for its crispy kachoris. ‘Kachoris’ served with aloo gravy and sour tamarind chutney tastes scrumptious.
- Kedarnath Premchand Halwai– This shop is popular for spicy and crispy peas-stuffed samosas. It is also famous for ‘Nagodi’, a popular winter dish which is a small-sized crisp ‘poori’ served with aloo curry and halwa. You can also try out their luscious ‘Gulab Jamun’ and ‘lassi’.
3. Khan Market
Khan Market is one of the most popular hangout spots of South Delhi. Be it a family outing or casual dining with friends, Khan Market has some of the best cafes and restaurants where you can indulge yourself in mouth-watering kebabs, fried rice and other quick bites.
Some of the famous cafes and eateries out there which is a must visit are Café Turtle, Side Wok, Mamagoto, The Big Chill Café, Soda Bottle Opener Wala, Perch Wine & Coffee Bar and etc.
4. Chittaranjan Park
If you want to try out delectable Bengali snacks, then you should definitely visit Delhi’s CR Park. Starting from fish and rolls to ‘Paani puris’, CR park is a paradise for the Bengali community.
The must visit spots of CR Park include:
- Dadu Cutlet Shop– This place serves some awesome cutlets and chops like Mutton cutlet, Fish cutlet as well as Egg Devil Chop and Beetroot Chop and etc.
- City Of Joy– This restaurant, located near Alaknanda Market of Chittaranjan Park, is a miniature version of Kolkata with its jute decors and old Bengali classics in the background. If you visit this place, do try out their fish kabiraji, prawn malai curry and Bhapa Hilsa.
- Raju Phuchka Wala– This guy serves delicious ‘phuchkas’/pani puris stuffed with boiled potatoes and black chana dunked in tamarind water. You can also try out the ‘Chur Mur’, which is a spicy ‘Phuchka’ Chaat.
- Kamala Sweets– If you are in CR Park and don’t try out Bengali sweets, then you are missing out on a big thing. Kamala Sweets is famous for their ‘Mishti Doi’ (Sweet Curd) which is served in mud pots and its taste is heavenly. Other than that, you can also try their Gur Sandesh, Raj Bhog, Jolbhora Sandesh and Kancha Golla.
5. Karol Bagh Street Food
Karol Bagh is a locality in Central Delhi district, which is famous for its multicuisine restaurants and dhabas. This place is quite popular amongst the Punjabis in Delhi and you will find a variety of dining options here.
Some of the iconic places to eat at in Karol Bagh are:
- Roshan Di Kulfi – This is one of the oldest joints of Karol Bagh and is famous for its mouth-watering creamy, kulfi faluda.
- Changezi– Famous for its Mughlai dishes, Changezi offers a variety of food items to choose from. Starting from their legendary butter chicken to tandoori naans, almost all their dishes are cooked in pure desi ghee.
- Ganesh Restaurant– Also known as Ganesh Machchiwala, Ganesh Restaurant is famous for its fish cuisines like tandoori fish, fish pakodas, fish fries and etc.
- Om Corner– This is a place where you can indulge yourself in luscious Chola bhaturas. The bhaturas here are stuffed with paneer and are served with spicy chola.
6. New Friends Colony
New Friends Colony is a posh neighborhood of South Delhi. This place serves some delicious North and South Indian dishes. Starting from mouth-watering Shawarmas to delicious Dosas, this place is a popular hub for foodies.
Some of the must try out spots of New Friends Colony are AL Bake( for chicken shawarmas), Sab Ki Khatir (for mutton kakori kebabs), Carnatic Café, Slurp Pasta Express and etc.
7. Connaught Place
Connaught Place is New Delhi’s central business district. This place has got some of the best street food of Delhi as well as finest dining options. From momos to rajma chawal and from kulchas to chaats, you can try out various types of cuisines in here.
Some of the famous restaurants of Connaught Place which you can’t give a miss are Kulcha Junction, Depaul’s, Farzi Cafe, Sarvana Bhavan, Wenger’s Bakery, etc.
8. Hudson Lane
Hudson Café, located close to North Campus is popular among foodies in Delhi and is a locality where you will find a plethora of cafes for hanging out, and all within your budget.
Some of the famous cafes in Hudson lane which you must visit are Woodbox Café, Indus Flavour, Big Yellow Door, Cantino, Echoes Hudson Lane and etc.
9. North Campus
North Campus indicates the University area of New Delhi. Here you will find places of all your moods, starting from cafes to street food, restaurants and everything under your budget.
Must visit eateries over here are, Chache Di Hatti, Anna South Indian Canteen, The Burning Grill and etc.
So, this brings us to the end of some of the famous food joints of Delhi NCR. I hope I gave you enough options to choose from the list.
So, what are you waiting for? Come visit Delhi and explore the foodie in you!